Dr. Edward W. (Ted) Manning is the President of Tourisk Inc. and a consultant and lecturer in tourism and environmental topics internationally.
- From 1993 to 2002 he served as Director Sustainable Development and Environmental Management for Consulting and Audit Canada, providing consulting and training services in Canada and internationally.
- From 1992 to 2005 he has also served as Associate Director of the Centre for a Sustainable Future for the Foundation for International Training.
- He is the author of 21 books and over 100 articles on sustainable development, sustainable tourism, community development and environmental planning topics.
- He has worked in more than 40 countries on sustainable development, tourism and integrated planning projects, and run training programs on these topics for private sector and government managers.
- His previous posts include Executive Manager of Sustainable Tourism for Tourism Canada, Associate Director of Sustainable Development for Environment Canada, Chief Land Use Policy and Chief of Planning Systems for Environment Canada and Senior Planner, Caribbean, for the Canadian International Development Agency.
- Since 1990 he has also been an Adjunct Research Professor in the Geography Department of Carleton University.
- Since 1993, Dr. Manning has been the lead consultant on indicators for sustainable tourism development for the UN World Tourism Organization.
- He is a former President of the Canadian Association of Geographers, Governor of the Royal Canadian Geographic Society, Director of the Social Science Federation of Canada and Chairman of the Board of the Canadian Association for the Club of Rome.
- Since 2014 he has been a full member of the prestigious International think tank – the Club of Rome. He is a recipient of the Miguel Aleman Medal (Mexico) for services in the field of tourism and recipient of the Jubilee Medal for services to the government of Canada.