Tourisk Inc. provides analysis and advice on how to plan and manage communities, fragile ecosystems and tourism destinations within a framework of sustainability. Based in Canada, the firm and its staff have project experience in over forty countries. The documents, methodologies and results of these activities can be found in the links to the right of this page and in the downloads section of this site.
Key products include:
- Participatory planning approaches for communities, protected areas, heritage sites and tourism destinations.
- Studies of the state of tourism, risks to key assets, methods of tourism management.
- Development and evaluation of standards.
- Sustainable tourism strategies and environmental management systems for destinations, institutions and enterprises.
- Indicators for sustainability at local, national and international scales.
- Wellbeing and the Integration of Human Values with Planetary Ecosystems
- Carrying capacity and system sensitivity, particularly for fragile ecosystems and protected areas.
- Integrated planning strategies for communities and regions.
- Tourist management methods.
- Program evaluation methods and applications.
- Risk management based approaches to climate change for communities and tourism destinations.
- Accessibility Information Standards. Methods to better document and provide information on accessibility conditions for those who are older, physically challenged or have access concerns related to travel.