You Tube Presentations
Wellbeing at the Community Scale, Club of Rome July 2021 Means to alter the dialogue regarding human/biosphere change https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3x7WsP2uk4&t=39s Ted Manning
Defining our Future: Wellbeing for Communities Canadian Association for the Club of Rome, June 2021 New approaches to replacing top down economic solutions with bottom-up success stories https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGi1IkEAsY Ted Manning
Pre-Columbian Cultures of the Mayans Aztecs and Olmecs: Who Were They, What Happened and Where are they now? 2020 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VB4K9v4AEM&t=1452s Canadian Association for the Club of Rome, Ted Manning
Sailing towards Sustainability: Managing the Impacts of Cruise Tourism 2017, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17qIB69VTWo&t=1851s Ted Manning for UNWTO and CACOR
Adaptation: the Neglected Child of Climate Change 2019 Ted Manning with introduction by Sheila Murray https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aucrCnlP2Zs&t=795s
Some Key Project Initiatives from Tourisk
- Professional input as expert supporting initiatives to provide criteria, indicators, procedures, and standards for e.g., Global Sustainable Tourism Council, UNWTO, Caribbean Tourism Association, Carpathian Initiative
- Development of criteria and indicators for international organizations re sustainability, transformation, regeneration of cultural and ecological assets
- Work with Club of Rome and Club of Rome Canada to redefine means to define and measure wellbeing and to involve local communities worldwide in initiatives at the community, destination or regional levels.
- Advisor to UNWTO/INSTO on development and implementation of observatories of sustainable tourism in many nations (most recent: China, Mexico, Ecuador, Oman)
- Led the International Task Force on Indicators of Sustainable Tourism for the World Tourism Organization – provided case studies and workshops for Balaton Hungary, Cozumel Mexico, Beruwala Sri Lanka, Kukljica Croatia.
- For USAID and Harvard International, undertook policy evaluation of US assistance program in Egypt.
- Expert planning input to the Victoria Falls Zimbabwe town/tourism master plan project
- For Argentina, completed studies on sustainability indicators for Villa Gesell and Peninsula Valdes
- High impact training \lectures and workshops on sustainable tourism carrying capacity for officials in Greece, Mexico, India, China, Turkey Canada and universities in US, Chile, Slovakia
- For Canadian regional and local governments provided assistance in planning and marketing rural tourism products in rural and remote environments
- For small communities in Canada, prepared analyses of key barriers and opportunities for tourism development
- Developed approach for carrying capacity (resilience and sensitivity) for tourism in fragile systems with several applications (see examples in the bibliography)
- Studies on green tourism approaches and implementation methods for the Environmental Choice Program, for the Tourism Industry Assoc. of Canada, and for the Canadian Environmental Partnership Program.
- Strategic studies on sustainable tourism for World Tourism Organization, including rehabilitation of Black Sea tourism (Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey, Georgia, Russia, Ukraine),
- Feasibility study on ecotourism planning for a new all-season resort in Russia
- Applied studies and d regional training programs for sustainable tourism indicators in Canada, Mexico, and Argentina. Provide graduate courses in use of indicators for sustainable tourism Nayarit Mexico.
Leave a Reply